The CLIA accredited, state of the art laboratory is staffed 24/7 by 17 certified laboratory technicians.
We perform a multitude of tests to furnish your physician with the needed information to aid in your diagnosis and treatment, and overall wellness. We provide patient testing for outpatients, inpatients and emergency room patients and pride ourselves on providing accurate same-day results accompanied with friendly and high-quality service to our customers.
Lab Services Include:
- Routine Chemistry Testing
- Hemogram and Differentials
- Routine Urinalysis
- Coagulation Testing (Protime, INR)
- Thyroid and Prostate Testing
- Serology Testing
- Cardiac Markers
- Blood Typing and Transfusion Services
Blood products are supplied by the Life Serve Blood Center. The entire blood supply comes from volunteer donors. The Blood Center may be reached at 1-800-287-4903.
- Arterial Blood Gases
- COVID Antigen Testing and COVID PCR Collection
- COVID IgG Antibody Collection
- Specialized tests not performed at SMCH are referred to Iowa Pathology Labs. Specimens are picked up daily by courier and results are sent back to our lab by computer.
- Pathology services (analysis of tissue samples) are provided by Iowa Pathology Associates, Des Moines, Iowa.
- DOT and Non-DOT Specimen Collection- Urine and Drug Screen: BY APPOINTMENT ONLY Mon-Fri; 10:00am-3:00pm.
Hours of Operation for Outpatient Laboratory Services:
Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.