Pelvic Health and Incontinence Services
Services and Descriptions:
Urinary incontinence, which is defined as ANY involuntary loss of urine -whether a drop or a large amount- is a very common but treatable condition. There are several types of urinary incontinence including stress, urge, mixed and functional incontinence.
Pelvic pain is described as an aching or burning pain in the lower abdomen, pelvis, or perineum. If left untreated, pelvic pain can persist and negatively impact daily function and quality of life.
Pregnancy and Post-Partum
Pregnancy and postpartum are times of great change for a woman – physically, emotionally, and hormonally. These changes may cause pain, difficulty with balance, and reduced activity.
Why should I choose Stewart Memorial for my therapy needs?
Ann Riat, PT, leads our Pelvic Health program and has completed all levels of the Pelvic Health education and testing offered through the American Physical Therapy Association. Ann brings many years of experience to her patients care.
What should I expect at my appointment?
At your initial appointment, your therapist will discuss your symptoms, concerns, and goals for treatment with you at length. After your assessment is complete, your therapist will explain her findings and recommend treatment options to help you achieve your goals. Treatments are generally very effective, pain free and take place in a private setting. Therapy appointments are scheduled to give you the appropriate 1:1 time with your therapist for your treatment plan so it is important to arrive on time.
Meet our therapist:
Ann Riat, PT, MSPT
1301 W. Main Street, Lake City, IA 51449
Phone: (712) 464-4244
• Master of Science in Physical Therapy, The University of Iowa, 1999
• Bachelor of Science, Kinesiology and Foods & Nutrition, Kansas State University, 1997
Professional Interests & Specialized Training:
• Graston Technique
• Pelvic Health, including:
o Bowel Disorders
o Pre and Postnatal treatment
Personal Information and Interests:
• Cooking, Running, Snow Skiing
• Enjoys spending time with her husband and three daughters
• Iowa Physical Therapy Association Member
• American Physical Therapy Association Member
• SMCH Western Days Fun Run Organizing Committee Member
• Active Member of St. Mary’s Catholic Church